Sunday, October 15, 2006

“I Refuse to Become a (Kos Fascist)!”

The following is going to be the final diary I post on Daily Kos. I have fallen out of agreement with what the site has become in its philosophy. It has taken on the resemblance of the beast we are fighting. A diary that I posted, did not get me ban, but it was removed from the site, with out any questions ask. “The Disciples of Kos” disagreed with my take on multiple topics I discussed in the diary. I know this was the reason because of the comments made in the comment section. I was told by a “disciple’ that it would be troll rated and pulled. Anymore such diaries “Would result in a ban from the site.”
As has the government, Daily Kos has taken on a fascist amour with its power. I am asking anyone that reads Daily Kos, to boycott the site and its advertisers. I ask this because, “Fascisms in the name of liberalism is still fascism.”
ABA



Why I am leaving Daily Kos.

In my three years at Daily Kos, I have been witness to many things; from the great building of a community that has come together for the cause of bringing back a Government from the grasp of near fascism, to making or breaking politician’s career. I have seen a lot of changes, some for the good of the site, and some not so good. Daily Kos has grown from a dream of righting the wrongs in the government, to making that difference.

Daily Kos was the unknown kid on the block, and now it is the voice of a new generation of political bloggers. People from all walks of life come here to share ideas or, just to get something off their chest. I usually did the latter. However, in my time here, I dared to think out side the realm and those who claim to be disciples of the Kos promptly slapped me down. A group, who are so arrogant and wrapped up in their belief in their own self-worth that the will not even understand that this is about them

I am leaving because of what the Kos community has become, that in which it is fighting. I have seen friends censored for thoughts that come close to crossing the line of the community’s structured box. I have also seen vicious gang attacks on those who have thought beyond the government’s way of thinking on certain subjects. Certain members of the community have taken the stance of “You are with us, or you are with the Neo-Cons.” They leave no grey areas, and I did not signup to follow that philosophy.

You must question every move of your government ,even if you feel it is in the good of the people. There is room for compromise on all topics, it is only the degree of compromise that varies, but ideas should always be heard. Yet in a community that I thought was a liberal community, an open thought community there seems to be only one way, and that is the Kos way. I am not totally unsympathetic to the reasoning to the guidelines of the community, I understand you must try to keep those out that would try and destroy the community, but to censor thought to your precise way of thinking is wrong. I am for totally free speech, with the understanding, it is an “individuals” choice to not listen to what I am saying, not that of a self appointed leadership.

No comments: